View Single Post
Old 10-26-2002, 09:54 PM   #342
Adanedhel
Animated Skeleton

Adanedhel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

****Dale - Rira****

Rira hid his amusement well at the Dwarf's blunder but quickly regained his composure and just as the mess was finally cleaned up he waved the crew to follow him up the stone path cut out towards his house which lay nearly hidden away above on the hill top not far away.
Rira turned to Bram as they walked and asked casually:

'How was the river on the voyage here? The mighty Anduin can be a cruel mistress if she so fancies it'

Rira said keeping his eyes on the track ahead as it slowly moved up hill. He moved with long strides and as he was used to walking back and forth along the slightly steep path he was used to the climb but he could hear some of the Men huffing and puffing from behind at the back of the group.

'The voyage was quite good, we encountered no problems but we are still glad for you to be captianing us the rest of the way'

Bram huffed out between breaths, Rira looked behind for a fleeting second at Bram then said:

'As am I, I haven't captained a boat for a long time'

He looked down for a moment remembering the last voyage he had ended in the loss of his crew after being smashed on rocks near the mouth of the Anduin.
After about half an hours climb they made it to the steps of the house. It wasn't anything spectactular but was cosy and welcoming, the large thatch roof and a chimney poking out the top and smoke trailed out of it with a tinge of meat coooking. It was a home. It stood atop the hill and large windows looked over the river and the dock itself.
Rira turned and smiled to the slightly puffed out group, with the exception of the stout Dwarves and the very fleet Elves, and said with pride.

'This is my humble abode. All are welcome to drink, eat and talk of stories and times long gone'

The group stood uncertainly, not knowing what to do next. Rira chuckled, sniffed the air and said.

'Enter! My lovely wife Polgara seems to be preparing us a lovely meal, she will attend to your needs, for now i need to feed and tend the horses, i will join you later for dinner!'

With a grin Rira opened the door and let the crew in, yelling in to his wife.

'Polgara! Feed and water these fine guests of ours!'

Without another look Rira moved off around the house towards the stables, leaving the crew in the care of his wife....

[ October 29, 2002: Message edited by: Adanedhel ]

[ October 29, 2002: Message edited by: Adanedhel ]

-Henry V