View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #261
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Brushtail possums. They have to be one of the most easily-tamed species on Earth, they're terribly cute as babies and even as adults... and they rip tiles off your roof, eat all your plants (including cacti) and fight with each other all night.

If you're ever in Melbourne and you hear what sounds like a leopard snarling in the night... that would be a possum. Cobra-like hiss? That's another possum that doesn't like the first possum. Horrible, ear-piercing screeching that would put a Nazgûl to shame? The two possums have decided to settle their differences by beating the living daylights out of each other.

Oh, and that's not really a horse galloping up and down on the roof in the middle of the night, just a possum running to... I don't know, express the joy of possum-hood. Or something.

A couple got in through a hole they've made behind the stove and rampaged around my kitchen at about three a.m. this morning. I'll have to do something about that. Like build a new wall.

~Nerwen the Sleepless.