View Single Post
Old 01-01-2002, 10:09 PM   #24
Ainaharma

Silmaril

It's impossible to keep a straight face in this movie. I have to say, it was actually an EXPERIENCE for me, though I know it was for many. I'm ashamed to say that I'd never read the books before I saw the movie the first time, and I was smiling, jumping in fright and worry, or crying through the whole thing. I love those hobbits, they're such wonderful creatures! <P>I loved the party at the beginning. I laughed when Sam insisted that he hadn't been "dropping no eaves!" That was great. And when Aragorn did the "Let's hunt some Orcs!" thing. And when the hobbits were first heading towards Rivendale with Strider and Pippin was trying to explain 2nd breakfast and all of the means. Very cute. And when he and Merry were leading the Orcs away from Frodo. What great hobbits! <P>I cried when Gandalf fell of the bridge. In my unread ignorance, I thought that he'd died. My friend sitting next to me informed me, but I cried for a while. And I was with 2 guys...it was embarrassing! And I was actually tired when I left the theatre! Both times I saw the movie! It was like I was there! GREAT movie. Great books too. Wow.<p>[ January 01, 2002: Message edited by: Ainaharma ]