View Single Post
Old 01-20-2001, 05:54 AM   #20
enep
The Ghastly Leprechaun

enep has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Trailer</b><br><br> Unfortunately I could not be bothered going to the theater to see the trailer so I downloaded a clippy, poor quality .mov of it that some poor guy had taken with a camera when he went to see it. Because of this, it seemed as if the projector was playing at 10 fps and each image of the movie screen was interrupted briefly by black. <br> <br> Annoying, but I got the jist of it. The Fellowship climbing Caradhras looks like something out of Vertical Limit (argh) which brought to mind a concern: is PJ going to turn LotR into a Hollywood Action blockbuster? Images of Shelob as a giant Starship-Troopers type bug come to mind - <br> <br> Tolkien's world is a fantasy, a legend and a history, (among many other superlatives) not a glossy action film script - but I secretly fear (although I want to see the movies) that the movie will forsake the elements that make it an epic and a literary masterpiece for the sake of giving Liv Tyler a few more seconds of screen time and getting Viggo a bit bloodier. <p>“The adventures have always been within my own skull.”<br> <i>Frank Burnett<i/></p>