View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #93
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Also hope his arm is Ok.
Thankfully, Rune voiced the wish to break my legs instead, so I can still type.

That said, I don't know what to make of the fact that the deaths so far, even with the relatively low number of people in the village, are ordos. At least regarding the Night kill, at least it wasn't a Gifted. Which, however, probably was what the WWs wanted to happen.

I agree with what has been already said, that the WWs obviously have the main objective to kill someone who looks like Seer. How exactly Zil would have been seen as such is a question to explore, if we can gain something for it (personally, I would also side with Kitanna's theory #1 rather than theory #2, however these probably are not the only possibilities). Just as a remark, let us remember, however, that there are probably - especially in a village so small - some secondary concerns. A relatively small concern is probably not wishing to kill their own Hacker; a much bigger and more important one, given the small numbers in this community, is not to kill the Hunter and get killed in the process. Just something that we have to take into account when considering the Bots' motives - if they had, for example, several of possibilities, they likely picked those which seemed safer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Where G55 and Morsul were giving the biggest "I'm the hacker" vibes. G55 doing it intentionally and in Morsul's case more of just Morsul always being the most confusing.
Morsul is Morsul, and if anything, then I would find him more likely to be a Bot (actually, toDay he's been quite contributive and thoughtful in a pretty clear way, almost unusually so, so if he was supposed to be anything, I'd even be inclined to think him a Bot rather than Hacker). G55, however, I agree a bit yesterDay, and toDay too, has a kind of... "unruly manner" to her. On rereading (and I did it yesterDay and did it also with toDay's post of hers after reading everything, exactly to compare with yesterDay's experience), what she says makes sense and I can imagine her saying that genuinely, but the first impressions are just somewhat making me wary, feeling-wise, and I am not sure what to make of that. I am watching her, but rather undecided at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
It typically gets me into trouble, but really it's just silly if we think we know who the hacker is but decide "oh hey, we need to lynch bots not the hacker, so let's vote for someone else who looks shady, even if G55 is intentionally looking hackerish." I mean yeah, we have to lynch the bots, but at the same time, if someone's going out of their way looking like the hacker, they either are the hacker and it would be better off to lynch sooner rather than later. Or their a bot playing the hacker because they know the reaction is going to be "oh we have to kill bots, not the hacker." If the hacker wants to be the early lynch sacrifice that's far less damaging than just letting the hacker stay around indefinitely. When we know the bots aren't going to kill the role and when the lynches get more crucial making it easier for the bots and hacker to join forces and push the lynches to their favor.
I second this, or at least this time. If it comes to seeing somebody "evil", then I support the lynch just to be sure. In this small village, the danger of evil joining forces is really too great, and even then there's always the chance one lets slip a Bot dismissing it as "just Hacker". So yes, let's simply vote for whoever we think is evil. We can lose much more bickering about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I am very aware that my style makes me an easy target, as such I'm wary when people protect me, as it gives the baddies an easy lynch at a more critical time.
This is about the first thing that actually worries me about Morsul, although it is also true (and a big warning exclamation mark should follow). However, it could also be a clever way to dodge future suspicion. The second thing that sort-of disturbed me when reading this post of his was his somewhat ambiguous handling of Shasta:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Shasta: Put me in the lead. But could be an innocent hoping for the best or a bot looking for an easy target
But of course, that is just being "objective". It is only sort of unexpected from Morsul's traditional style of handling things, but then again, who's to say style cannot change.

I also realise I don't have very much opinion about Kitanna at the moment. But then again, her big post toDay was practically weighing stuff... Well, looking forward to see more from other people toDay, and will be around later.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote