View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 11:25 AM   #392
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Ferny's men eyed the two suspiciously, glancing at each other now and then. "I don't think we can do that," one of them spoke up. "Ferny never told us he had hired two new men."

"And if he didn't hire you, then you have no business being here!" the other practically shouted.

"That's very true!" the first shouted, and they began arguing with no one, it seemed, for Mithadan and Bird didn't reply until the henchmen's voices began to grow hoarse.

"What if he did hire us?"

The two stopped talking and looked at each other. "Well..." It was clear that they were confused now. It was also clear that Ferny hadn't chosen the brightest of his men to be on watch. They stared at each other stupidly and stared at the two intruders, unsure of what to say.

"Why don't you just let us see Ferny?" Mithadan asked patiently.

"You can't just barge in!" the second of the men shouted, though nobody was barging in.

The door to the house opened and Stoatie came out, limping terribly and his face red with rage. "Stop screaming out there, would you?" he shouted. "The brat has gone to sleep and at last things are starting to be peaceful." For the first time he noticed Mithadan and Bird. "Who are these two?" he asked warily, advancing.

"I don't know, but they want to work for Ferny. What should we do about them?"

[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]

[ May 21, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]