View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 11:05 AM   #400
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Ferny had his eyes on Fosco as he went out of the house. Hopefully the brat was really truly asleep, not just pretending. If he wasn't asleep, then he'd definitely take this chance to get out and run for home. And then he'd warn everyone of their plans.

Ferny growled under his breath. He wasn't taking any chances. "Stoatie, send that woman in here right now to keep an eye on the brat!" he called. "And send one of your men with her." He could just see the brat escaping with the help of the woman. They were taking her most definitely. No need to question. They needed a woman to look after the brat, and he didn't care who they got. It was this other who arose his doubts.

Ferny walked up to Mithadan and eyed him thoughtfully. Yes, here was someone who could be helpful... if he were trustworthy. He opened his mouth to speak, but Stoatie, without realizing he was doing so, interrupted.

"Look at 'is sword," he said. "I fer one think 'e would be able to 'elp us."

"Maybe the kidnapping?"

Stoatie looked doubtful. Ferny shrugged. "I'll leave it to you, Stoat," he said. "Though you're just my henchman, you seem to have a pretty clear idea of what I'm thinking, and I'm in no mood to think." He reached down to rub his legs.

"Yer on," Stoatie snarled to Mithadan. "Ye 'ad better behave yerself as well, for Ferny don't 'old well with traitors an' spys."

Bird entered the house followed by one of Ferny's men. Fosco opened his eyes and uncurled, looking up at her innocently, blinking. "I bet you're another of those evil men," he shouted.

Bird knelt down beside him and smiled warmly at him. "No, I'm not," she said. She looked kindly at him.

"Are you a friend of mummy's?" the lad asked.

"Yes."

For the first time Fosco's voice broke and big tears welled up in his eyes. He reached out and took Bird's hand, and the tears began to spill over. "I miss my mummy and daddy and my brother... I even miss my sister. I want to go home." The young brat was transformed into a young boy who wanted nothing but to go home and see his family again. He lay his curly head on Bird's hand and sobbed.