View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 02:37 PM   #190
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Esty- sounds like you guys all had a great time! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I had the pleasure of meeting Gwindor last Wednesday. It was a bit of an experiment, as we met outside a train station, having only seen fairly old pictures of each other. Luckily we did find the right people, and set off for Wrigley Field.

May I just point out that taking the L train in Chicago is harder than it looks, especially when the card-pass thing only lets one person through, and then *I* have to jump over the revolving gate to get through. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

We met a few real-life friends of mine outside the Field and after Gwin downed many free samples of Vitamin Water, we went inside and found our seats. The Chicago Cubs proceeded to win (YAY!) and then we went to a little cafe in the city and had fruit smoothies.

It was overall a pretty neat experience, and I'll put up a link to a picture as soon as I have one. Gwin's a great guy, definitely worth my three hour train ride. Maybe we'll do it again next summer! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote