View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #75
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja91
As a Roman Catholic, I always notice similarities between the Bible and Tolkien, who was a Catholic too. It is pretty cool sometimes. And if I recall correctly, C.S. Lewis was an atheist, but studied Christianity, and Christianity is the #1 parallel of his works, The Chronicles of Narnia.
Anyway, raised Catholic, but I dont think I have to go to church every Sunday. I love God... but I would not say no to an afternoon spent listening to Zeppelin in bed.
If I recall correctly, C.S.Lewis believed later due to Tolkien's influence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien's Diary
"Friendship with Lewis compensates for much, and besides giving constant pleasure and comfort has done me much good from the contact with a man at once honest, brave, intellectual—a scholar, a poet, and a philosopher—and a lover, at least after a long pilgrimage, of our Lord."
Anyway, concerning me... I was raised atheist, but nowadays I am a Protestant. Not that these divisions mean anything to me - I just consider myself a part of the Body of Christ. And I love God, which is the main thing, even if there were no church.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote