View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:58 PM   #699
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Teachers who manage to bring their children into every single cursed topic. Sigh.
My Phonetics teacher does that and I actually love it. Anything not directly related to phonetics is a most welcome relief during those lectures...

To Mordor with my vocal coach (though just for a day, I suppose). Even after casting him several wounded looks and sniffing desperately, he still insisted I should be able to produce a clear high 'C', which is hard enough as it is and becomes quite impossible when you have such a bad cold you can only speak in a whisper.

Also, my pronunciation teacher who turns out to be quite an evil dictator. His teaching methods seem to be taken straight out of My Fair Lady, he looks at you as if he will smash your head in when you accidentally say laft instead of left or fail to voice your final d-s and called me 'silly' and said I sounded like 'a valley girl'. I'm not quite certain what a valley girl is, but I don't think I should feel flattered.

I seem to be sending a lot of people to Mordor lately. Perhaps I should try meditation.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote