View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 06:05 PM   #25
the.landlord
Pile O'Bones

the.landlord has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladan and Elrohir
As far as what they did for me on an emotional level, Sam's "There's some good in this world" line totally inspired me.
i loved that line, too... but one the other hand i hated the scene. i will later explain why.

and i loved something which was written on the german movie posters. i hope i can translate that right:

"despite despair people always went on... because there was something they believed in."
"but what do we believe in? what do we hold on?"
"each other"

that was so beautiful! but i think it was said neither in the book nor in the movies, just on the posters.

i also liked the fact that there was more room for the realtionship sam/rosie in the movie... reading the book i always thought: "eh? why is sam gonna marry rosie? he hardly knows her!"

the were also scenes in the movie i really disdained... for example frodo offering the ring to the nazgul. frodo (book frodo) never would have done that.... and by the way it is not really logical. if frodo allready offered the ring to the nazgul... why the heck does sauron still not know where it is?

... and i do not like the fact that frodo and sam never touch in the movies. still the same scene. frodo wants to kill sam... after that he lies on the ground and is devasted... and what does sam do? does he hug him or try to comfort him? no, he holds a speach! to my mind book sam would not have done that.
the.landlord is offline   Reply With Quote