View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #136
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Orcs
By way of explanation and some questions...

Makdush and "a couple of his fellow Uruk-hai" is said to join the rebellion. Ishkur has been told to join the rebellion. Gwerr is said to be one of the planners.

So we need more planners to the rebellion.

I've come up with one, named Colagar, and would like to stick with only one (we could correct the last sentence in Gwerr's History from "one of the planners" to "the other planner". Just to reduce the number of important characters that are not actually written by anyone. In such a small group it would be harder to write if there are lots of important characters that are "non-written" characters.

It seems that Gwerr and Ishkur are the only "written" age-old orcs. This Colagar should be one too, as I think these age-old orcs would like to stick with themselves and trust only those of "reasonable" experience (call it a couple of thousand years or something). But that should mean that Ishkur and Gwerr probably know each other in advance (some thousands years of common experiences and fates should make one at least able to relate to the other one ). I think they should not be too good "friends" though, as one of the goals of this game was to see what the orcs could be capable of.

So Regin: how about we start with the assumption that both Gwerr and Ishkur have a shared past (well not necessarily been at the same platoons or something, but having beeen involved in the same battles and hardships - and ended up on the same plantation) and would thence be inclined to trust each other somewhat - at least over the others. Colagar could be something like Gwerr's "mate", but as you see from the first post I made, their relation is not the happiest one. That would set us the opportunity to go and see the ways how our characters could come to know each other better during this little trek and see what comes out of it: disaster or friendship - or something in between?

But what about the overall orc-gang?

There are seven written characters. Of these two are very-very old and one is an Uruk (3/15). Then we have the around thirty females (3/15) and the male kid (1/15). That makes 7/15 (surprise!). Of the others Child talks about a few Uruks. If that would be something like three and then we count Colagar, the age-old one whom I have already written into the story (as the second planner), we will have 4/15 more. That leaves us only with three orcs remaining unknown. Any ideas? Or should Child's "a few" mean only two? If there are four Uruks in the group of fifteen, it would be hard enough for the others...

Oh, why am I counting these things? Well, clearly there will be something like test of powers or at least scheming towards it between the male Uruks and the male orcs (at least the three older orcs), so it would be nice to know the balance and therefore the overall rest of the party. And surely the bunch of females we have along wouldn't stay neutral in here? With such a small gang, all the roles are important (yes, we don't need to know every person in the 65-person slave gang, but here it would be good to know them).

So any ideas?

PS. Firefoot and Regin. I've made the numbers in my first post such that you can choose yourselves whether your minor characters had been on this "large gang" that ended up with the guards and hacked/slipped away with Gwerr and Colagar or whether you came to the meeting place by yourselves...

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-04-2006 at 12:55 PM.