View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #372
Damrod
Animated Skeleton

Damrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Damrod
Aragorn, Alatar Agree;Abundant Alliteration "Annoying"

nothing in the Downer about CoH? I'll post this brief I 'found' on my 'local newspaper's website'.
_________
New J.R.R Tolkien Epic Released

by Kenneth Herberton (wire service correspondent)

To the glee of fans, the new book 'The Children of Hurin' appeared on bookstores Tuesday. The Children of Hurin is a new work from the deceased J.R.R. Tolkien. Tolkien began work on the novel in 1918, but finally finished it a few weeks ago due to pressure from HarperCollins. It was transcribed for publication by a mysterious psychic/medium known only as 'CT'.
The tale (written entirely in Quenyan, Tolkien's language of the dwarves)centers around Turin Turambar, a mighty hobbit who, despite advice from his companion, Glaurung the dragon, marries his sister causing him to accidentally kill everyone he sees. Children of Hurin takes place long before The Hobbit, and The Lord of the Rings, Tolkien's famous re-telling of Wagner's Nibelungen der Ringe.
Many have speculated over whether it will be developed into a film, and in fact, an adaptation by New Line Cinema starring Orlando Bloom as Turin and Eddie Murphy as every other character is currently in production.
Damrod is offline   Reply With Quote