View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 04:54 PM   #376
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Forgetting what it was you had been wanting to post here all day.

Creepy teachers. (Like my math teacher who married a former student of his, and has had so many harassment complaints made about him, and yet the school refuses to do anything about it. )

When a bunch of your friends are in the same class, and you aren't in any classes with any of your friends (at least for the time being).

When your'e in a class that is supposed to be about current events/civics/ethics sorts of things, and the entire class has the exact same opinion on everthing, except for you, who pretty much consistently disagree with them all. It's kind of hard to have debate when it's 31 vs. 1 and you're afraid of how nasty you know at least some of the people will most likely act when the class really gets down to serious issues, not just introductory sorts of things. And as well, the one friend you know will protect you when people get nasty (even when it's other friends of his, and even when he disagrees with you) isn't in your class. In other words, this class could be okay if the students' viewpoints were a bit more evenly balanced.

Homework that keeps you from the much more educational experience of coming here.

Having such an irrational fear of phone calls that the number of people who you can call on the phone without panicking is limited about 2 friends and your immediate family members.

Edit: Something to definitely not assign to Mordor: my 500th post! (It certainly took me long enough to get there!)

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 09-12-2005 at 04:58 PM. Reason: see above
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote