View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #116
Ekimeniso
Newly Deceased

Ekimeniso has just left Hobbiton.
I've already posted a bit in the"Ruin of Beleriand" thread, but I'd like to "formally" introduce myself.

I first stumbled over this site six years ago, when I was trying to compile my own version of the legendarium (in German at that point, similar maybe to gondonwes Spanish version). While I didn't post here back then, I took many ideas and discussions from these threads and used them for my own compilation. The major difference of my work to what is being done here was that it was mainly to please my own taste and thus I took the liberty to edit the original texts quite heavily. I also did some (bad, in retrospect) creative writing, for example, I made (awful) prose translations of those parts of the Lay and Narn I included in my long versions of the Túrin and Beren sagas. The whole work was to be cyclical rather than continuous in the end, with several "books" that were closely connected with each other but could also stand on their own.

Well, it didn't work out...I was rather disgusted with my own inability to finish this project and create some stylistic coherence, and I didn't touch anything to do with Tolkien for several years - but now I'm under his spell again. That's why I'm here and would like to join in this project. For now, I would like to just join in discussions wherever I think I can offer some thoughts - I hope that later on I can do more (regarding drafts and other major work, what is left to do?)

Cheers
Ekimeniso is offline   Reply With Quote