View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 06:03 PM   #17
Galin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Galin is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Galin is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
The truth be said there is nothing that supports your thoughts about your interpretation.
There are (at least) two descriptions Tolkien made in reaction to the Baynes artwork, one about the Eldar, the other about the Numenoreans in which Elendil, in my opinion, is much shorter than in yet another note about Elendil's height. Elendil being 'only' 7 feet tall-ish (whether you agree with this or not) is included in my opinion along with the text on the Eldar -- since these texts do have an arguable connection, at least.

In any case it hardly matters. All we need is one text in which Tolkien changes his mind, and an interpretation of that text.

Quote:
I've seen you trying to match up Galadriel height of 6'4'' (as the tallest of all the woman of the Noldor) with you interpretation that the Noldor woman average 6' (ignoring "seldom less" in my opinion anyway) so she could be the tallest. Now come on!! we both know that even accepting your interpretation a 4 foot difference between the tallest and the average doesn't make sense at all.
Four foot difference? Are you referring to something I said at another site? I would have to refresh my memory with my actual post and argument if so.

Quote:
I mean that hole passage doesn't even make sense even more when he talks about Celeborn being 6'4'' too, even knowing he is a Teler LORD and recognized as tall, and by you 6'6'' is their average so how can he be below that??? - NOW THAT'S AN INCONSISTENCY WE SHOULD GIVE MORE WEIGHT TO.
Again I would have to see what I actually said, in full context, before (possibly) responding to what you are claiming I said.

Also large letters can be seen as yelling

Last edited by Galin; 11-10-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Galin is offline   Reply With Quote