View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 07:12 PM   #82
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
I don't get how you infer this.
I infer this from…

Quote:
The very existence of a place which he cannot find must have made Morgoth even more determined to find and destroy the place, and when he does find it, he brings all his might to bear on it.
Eru forbid that Turgon actually go so far as to annoy Morgoth. It might make Morgoth angry and we wouldn’t want that.

Quote:
I am simply asking whether it is right to keep a large population of people in such a situation.
Under the circumstances, why not?

Quote:
Alas, Aredhel is simply doing what someone would have wanted to do anyway.
Odd, we don’t hear about anybody except for her…

Quote:
100% loyalty can never be expected, and there will always be someone who wants out. It is one of the first principles of management that you should never expect everyone to always follow the agenda, because people just aren't like that.
This doesn’t mean you have to kow-tow to the 1% of malcontents who are causing trouble for no particular benefit to anybody but themselves.

Quote:
You have to plan for that eventuality and Turgon did not.
The plan was probably to say, “No.”

Quote:
If he had considered this he may have discouraged her from joining them.
Maybe he tried to but she pouted and whined and wanted to go. It probably seemed like a great adventure at the time.

Quote:
That's just life.
Odd, I would say the exact same thing to Aredhel.

Quote:
Simply by not assessing the situation he increased the risk factor for Gondolin. It's not always clever to be inflexible.
What was there to assess? As I have said a number of times before Eol=Security Risk. Security=Prime Consideration, especially because of the trouble the first breach caused.