View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 01:39 PM   #210
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Ainaserkewen's guide to end over edge mental and emotional addictions.

Obsessions can be fun, but sometimes they go overboard and are affecting your life negatively, if you have 1 or more of these signs, you might be...negatively addicted!

-Can't go a day without reading or watching LOTR.
-Have LOTR related dreams more than 5 times a week.
-Your losing friends because they are tired of talking Tolkien.
-Grades are dropping because of LOTR related things(ie. spending class time on this site or reading, watching LOTR.)
-Have stopped going out at night, so you can do something LOTR related.
And last of all...
-Not enjoying you obsession anymore.

If you think any of these apply to you, you might want to consider the following.

To get over anything, you must NOT stop cold turkey. If you repress your addiction, it will come back 10 times more powerful.
The first thing you need to do is arrange a party or sleepover with your closest friends. Friends that would do anything to help. Warn them that your going to do nothing but LOTR stuff. It might help if you get your LOTR buds to help.
Next, get everything that reminds you of LOTR and bring it to your gathering. This could mean, the movies, books, cards, dolls, food(lembas) script and a computer with internet.
At the party, all you are allowed to do is obsess. Talk about nothing but LOTR and reinact the scenes with your friends. Watch the movies along with the books and analyse every point. Go crazy. Do this all night or until you fall asleep. In the morning, you won't feel so drawn to it anymore.
You can do this little menouver as many times as nessesary, and each time, LOTR will not seem so great. You've obsessed and now it's over.
Good luck and don't worry.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote