View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 09:59 PM   #124
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Marsilion almost wept as he saw the two ents point out the ainereg flowers. Going to his knees beside Anson he bent his face down to the yellow plants. They were real. A grin spread quickly across his face as he began to pick them and put them in his pack.

He allowed his thoughts to go back to his family. Argil and his wife would be so relieved. Anorraen, his mother... she'd be able to recover from her sickness.

He shoved a few more flowers into his bag until it was full. Then as he rose to his feet, Anson began to thank the ents in hesitant words. Marsilion felt like his throat was too full to speak so he looked up at Everwood, the ent that had found him first, and just nodded.

As they mounted their horses and prepared to leave Fangorn, Marsilion exchanged a meaningful glance with Elen. Their families were in the same settlement. She smiled at him. A feeling of triumph welled up in Marsilion's breast, he couldn't hide it. His smile stretched his face so wide that he felt like it would break. The road home didn't trouble him at all, they'd found ainereg.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!