View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 07:30 AM   #129
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Mara crouched, half hidden by a rock and peered towards the band of...of people, but that didn't seem the right word.
"Some are tiny, child sized" she hissed to Raken "and I think-" she paused, uncertainly "I think at least one has pointed ears!"
She could hear the disbelief in her own voice and winced, prepared for a sceptical comment from Raken. However he still seemed in some sort of daze, probably planning his world domination with the Eye. Mara barely stopped a snort, it was madness. For the first time she truly wondered what she had got herself into. Fighting Horsemen was one thing, but Elves? Even the thought shook her, and she shook her head unconsciously. And Raken, he seemed barely aware of the world- wrapped up in his pathetic dreams. He hadn't helped her to cut the rope that held their little raft, just stood behind and watched. In truth she hadn't needed any help to cut the rope, but what if he just stood and watched her fight? Mara hoped that he would snap out of it at the chance for blood.

"When do we strike?" she asked, half turning towards Raken and stroking the hilt of her knife. "Pity we don't have a bow to pick them off at long range." It was the first time she had considered the advantages of bow-and-arrows. Usually it appeared to her that it was a cowards way to fight, and little demonstration of skill- but with Elves any advantage would be good.
"We must hope that the rest are ill inclined to fight us, I suppose" she added, half to herself.
Mara bit her lip, considering. The numbers were not a problem- facing that number of horsemen would have given her no qualms- but again she reached the same problem. Elves. She knew little of them but that they were formidable opponents in battle.

She sighed.
"We should go now. It's no use putting it off. Who knows, it might be enjoyable. A new challenge. Raken?" she queried.

[ May 11, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link