View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #485
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
"What do you think?"

Náin had little hesitation in responding. If someone was willing to occupy his mind during his doldrums, he'd not be the one complaining. It was an unexpected gesture, from the Dwarf's point of view, though.

"I would gladly have your company and assistance in seeing and exploring Edoras and the close countryside," replied Náin, "provided that Frodides is as agreeable as you say. I would not upset so fine a cook! Nor would I wish to face the men of this hall were I to do so!"

Kara laughed. If anyone in the Hall knew Frodides well, it was her.

"Don't worry," she told him. "I'm equally willing to let Frodides get the same rests on the days when I'm working. And when there's not enough work to satisfy two cooks, things can get tense."

"In that case then," said Náin, with a grand bow, "I accept your offer with a good will. But I would be sure that you are as willing as you say! Surely, there are other things you could be doing in your spare time. Any family? Or interests other than the cooking which occupies you? Or a perhaps a young man? I would not have you spend your time on me if there are others with a better claim."