View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #486
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Blushing Kara shook her head. It seemed Náin truly had become comfortable around her. A month ago he'd barely have looked at her, and now he was asking for intimate details. She was glad though, awkward silences were not something she was overly fond of.

"I am as willing as I say, for if I were not willing I would not say it. I have no demands but this Hall to claim my time. My family is too far away for a single days travel and I enjoy walking and talking, both of which we would be doing. As to a young man, well, I believe potential suitors would be hard put to impress Frodides, who has appointed herself my local guardian."

"Perhaps she simply wishes not to lose you? After all, such a friend would take up much of your time." Náin spoke steadily and there was no trace of a smile upon his face, but Kara was sure she could hear amusement in his voice. She flicked her cloth at him in a manner she had unconsciously picked up from Frodides and turned his comment back on him, wondering if his natural inclination to shyness would come out again.

"Well then, with all the time we will be spending together she won't be taking to you much these next few weeks."