View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 10:00 PM   #509
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
"I am afraid he's only recently gone, Medreth." Saeryn responded quietly. "He's off on an adventure with a halfling and a young boy, and may indeed miss lunch of all things, but with the bellies of a boy, a man, and a Falco Boffin, you can be sure they will return in time for dinner."

Saeryn smiled and hoped that Medreth would prove amiable. It seemed a certainty with the sorts of people that found themselves guests here, but the man and woman yesterday... Saeryn sighed at the memory. A lord and lady, visiting their Eorl. Their glances had been shrewd, sizing. They'd looked her top to toe, and Eodwine the same, and Saeryn had not missed the glances they'd shared. Tongues had been wagging in both the city and countryside, that was certain. But no, best not to think of it. Medreth was Thornden's sister, after all, and Javan his brother. Surely folk of the same stock as a good man such as Thornden would not be so... so wretched and assuming! Saeryn fumed and knew that nothing she could do could save her from gossips.

She'd briefly considered ways to protect Eodwine's honor, but her leaving was no such way, and nothing she could think of in staying would fix matters either. She sighed again before forcing her mind back to Medreth.

"I am sorry, my mind wanders. Please forgive me. Might I have the honor of finding you lodgings? Perhaps a meal? Breakfast is long over now, but Kara and Frodides will surely have something delicious on hand. Perhaps midday is even ready."