View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 11:04 AM   #10
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Esgallhugwen's post - Poppy and Mungo

Poppy sat content next to her grandpa, Mungo Goldworthy, in the garden. Flowers of all sorts sprang out of the ground in colourful bursts among the green grass.

Poppy inhaled deeply the sweetness of their scent while Mungo leaned back and sniffed the sweet aroma of the leek soup that wafted up to his nostrils . She pondered the news that came to Bree, a group of people were coming and weren't expected to be all that friendly.

Poppy hoped dearly that no great harm would come to anyone including the Big Folk even if she thought them to be a little queer at times. 'So Poppy my dear little grandaughter, what seems to be on your mind? you seemed concerned 'bout something' Mungo ruminated. 'I must be honest with you, I'm a little concerned about the news that came today, you know about those bandits are heading our way'

'I know what your talking about, sweety, I might be old but I'm not deaf' he laughed lazily picking up his spoon and helping himself to a generous portion of the thick green broth, licking his lips in appreciation of the savory taste. He stared out contentedly across the garden as the delicate petals of the autumn flowers bobbed and nodded in the late afternoon sun.

'Perhaps picking some fruit and vegetables from the garden will take my mind off of it for a while, I'll bring a basket of strawberries and rasberries for you if you like and while I'm at it some peas and potatoes for dinner'. Poppy stood up and straightened out her green dress; picking up the two baskets next to her she set about going through the bushes of raspberries, then kneeling down to get to the strawberries, every so often indulging herself.

[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]