View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 05:29 PM   #24
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Saeryn left Kara to Eodwine with a comforting squeeze on her shoulder. As she bustled about the kitchen, fetching the poor lad a big breakfast (he certainly looked in need of it) with extra butter and honey for his bread, she hummed happily.

As long as Eodwine agreed, and she would talk to him privately on the matter once he was less busy, it seemed that Saeryn had found a well-fit niche for herself. She just hoped that she'd not have to trade her comfortable breeches for skirts and an apron. She rolled her eyes at the thought as she hefted the loaded tray and carried it back to the hall.

"Here you are, Master Lčof, and my sincerest apologies for the delay. As you saw, I had yonder lass to attend to and did not realize that Eodwine had sent you to me. I hope you will accept this as a token of my sorrow." She pointed to a rich looking bit of dessert that made the lad's eyes open wide.

"With breakfast?!" he managed to sputter.

"Unless you're not hungry. In that case, I'll just take--"

"No ma'am." He stopped her quickly. "I mean no disrespect... I was just surprised at--"

Saeryn smiled reassurance.

"Don't tell Eodwine." she grinned. "He'll fuss over need for healthy food. But if you'll look, there's all kinds of fodder quite good for a growing lad. The dainty's just a wee bit of extra. Make sure to eat it last, now."

He nodded and eagerly began to eat.

"There's quite enough for you, as well, m'lord." She nodded politely to the man also at the table and he thanked her as she walked away.

She disappeared toward the rooms to make certain there were plenty enough blankets and clean linens for each room needed. While she never doubted Bethberry's care over the situation, she felt that she ought to make sure.