View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 11:48 AM   #321
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Thumbs up No worries, fearless leader!

I'm here.

Seriously, though, thanks for your post. I didn't want to be too high-handed about the atmosphere on the ship, but now I can take my cue from you. And I'm glad you've got more time. I have two tests tomorrow and a large, not-yet-begun project due on Tuesday, so I'm not sure if I can take us into the battle. If no one's done anything by Thursday afternoon, though, I'll try to give it a shot.

Oh, and as for Meri & Calnan - I'll leave it to you to set up Meri's sticky situation. I'd rather you handled getting her into trouble, and then I'll write Calnan's part. Just so the whole thing isn't told entirely from Calnan's (or a narrator's) point of view. Is that ok?

Quote:
What battle's have you been in? I've only done little things like the Battle of Port Hudson, was amazingly fun though.
Well, now. Last weekend marked my 7th year of doing this. And let me say that I am female, so I play a civilian - no fighting for me, sorry guys. Most of the ones I do are "little things," pretty much a necessity when you don't get out of Texas much. I've done the 135th Shiloh, Gettysburg, and Chickamauga events, though. This last weekend was an event at Beaumont Ranch (45 minutes south of Fort Worth on I-35) - very good, although very windy, but at least not freezing cold like last year! (Btw, Earendil, Saturday's battle had the Confederates outnumbered 4 to 1; Tom Stuart said that's the only time he knows of that that's happened in Texas.) I've never been to Port Hudson; as a matter of fact, I've never done any Lousiana events at all. Hmm. What unit do you usually fall in with?

See you on the game thread,
Nuranar