View Single Post
Old 06-04-2003, 09:32 AM   #170
Arien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Carmalita enjoyed the dinner. Well it had been the best food she had had in a while so she wasn’t complaining. The atmosphere was a happy one, and she no longer felt the heavy shadow that hung over her head. Instead for the night she almost forgot her cares and dinned and laughed with what were he new found friends, in the splendid company of Wren‘s family and friends. Bregand sat opposite her, which he did not seem too happy about but it was not the end of the world. They still had conversation, and though a light one she thoroughly enjoyed it.

One by one each guest rose from the grand table and announced their leaving. The first to go was Rangar, who said farewell, and thank you for the dinner and headed out to the stables and the grounds. As the rest left Carmalita knew she should be getting to sleep as she would need to be up early to collect more supplies. No doubt the journey ahead would be a harsh one and they would need her skills. She rose from her seat and thanked and whished the hosts good night. She quickly walked out into the hall and brushed her hair back from her face. As she turned to climb the steps she felt a hand clutch at her wrist. She spun around startled.

“Oh!” she laughed, “its you, don’t scare me!”

Bregand looked a little embarrassed and apologised to her. “I was wondering if we could take a stroll in the garden?”

She sighed, “I need to get up early tomorrow…”she saw the disappointment in his face, “But who cares? I will have a quick walk, after all that wine I think I need some fresh air!” she laughed again and the two headed outside.