View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 12:34 PM   #181
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Sting

Ships. Why did it have to be ships? Of all the ways we could get to Harad. A ship.

It seemed to Rangar that of all the surprises he had met along this journey, that fact that they were to be going by ship was the most unwelcome. It took near an hour to convince him, and even as they rode into Harlond, doubts still kept gnawing at him. However, all was forgotten when they reached the inn where Wren and Turthol would meet them. After settling the horses at the stables, they walked into the peasant light of the inn, and as an elf walked past them Enien broke out laughing. "What is it?" "Look, table in the corner." "Never in a million years, how did you get him to do it, Wren?"

Rangar looked around Rave and thought his sides would burst. There was Turthol, in the most ridiculous Gondorian finery, blushing like mad while Wren split open a grin and waved to them. They all sat down and Rangar exchanged equally malicious looks with Tareth and Bregand. "Turthol, that suit is," Calmir started, barely able to keep a strait face. "Frilly?" Rangar threw out. "Puffy?" Bregand added while his mouth began to twitch. "Are those sequins?" Tareth asked. "Ha ha, SHUT UP! Come on Rangar," Turthol barked, getting up. "We're gonna burn this thing." "Not until we have a portrait done of you in it." Camalita giggled. " I would agree with that." Rangar started. "Ow! Hey! That's my ear!" "Come on." And with that Turthol dragged him by ear up to a private room.

"Frilly?!" Turthol sputtered after he had changed back into his gear and the suit was well on its way to becoming ash. "You have to admit it was funny." Rangar teased. "It was not." Turthol growled flatly. "Would you have done any different if I had worn that thing?" "No, but still." "How'd she convince you?" Rangar asked. "I still don't know," He mumbled, "But you will pay." His tone suddenly changing from dumbfounded to vengeful. "Why me?" Said Rangar, perplexed. "If this is a conspiracy to get me and Wren," Turthol began with the pitch that suggested he was accusing Rangar of murder. "What?!" "You heard me." "Look, you're the one agreed to go with her, if it bothered you, you could of at anytime told me and I would have," Rangar began, trying desperately to find the words to defend himself.

"Oh nevermind. Just shut it." Turthol cut him off. "Are you just in a bad mood because of the suit?" Rangar asked, galled at what had just happened. "Let's just drop it." Said Turthol moving to the door. "Ok then," Said Rangar, then in an attempt to cheer him up, "Frilly...Ow! You're gonna tear it off if you keep doing this!"

[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: Arvedui III ]