View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 09:38 PM   #192
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Earendil Halfelven has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Surprised that Wren said nothing except offer him a licorice stick, Turthôl chewed on it after she left. Hmmmm, this is pretty good, he thought. And it was his favorite flavor, strawberry. And without a doubt, his stomach began to settle down.

Turthôl gazed into the bucket that he had been using, and grimaced. He needed to go empty this thing.

He gazed over the edge and into the sea. After placing the bucket back into his and Rangar's quarters, he headed back out on deck to get some fresh air. The salty air was pretty relaxing. He breathed deeply.
He noticed the captain, Ani Dao, walk by.

"What brings an elf from Mirkwood into southern Gondor?" he asked her.

"Its a long story, one that began with a journey to Erebor," she answered. "You remind me of one of my companions who died at the battle of Erebor."

"I think I know who you mean. One of my kin, Arlómë. He traveled with a company of men, dwarves and elves to Erebor, and died there."

"Yes, thats him. I guess all Dúnedain from the north resemble eachother. Your eyes are different though. His were grey. Yours are black," Ani Dao observed.

"The elves wondered about that when I was born. They said it was a sign of something dark within me. I guess they were right. I'm known among Imladris and Lorien as a rogue ranger."

Ani Dao nodded, but did not reply.

"Are you going to head across the sea to Valinor?" Turthôl asked.

"I don't know. Maybe some day," she replied. "Well, I have captain's duties to attend to." She turned to walk up to the helm.

"Captain, do you know where Wren is at?" he asked.

Ani Dao smiled. "She's in her quarters doing some finishing touches." Turthôl started to head that way when Ani Dao added, "Turthôl, be nice."

Turthôl laughed and headed to the quarters area.

Seeing her door open, Turthôl stood in the doorway. Wren, sensing his presence, looked up.

"Yes?" she asked. "Is your stomack ok?"

"Oh, yeah, its better," he replied. He stopped. For some weird reason, his mind went suddenly blank.

Wren looked at him. He could tell that she was expecting him to say something. But what?
His mind was still blank. Then, he remembered what he came to say.

"Well?" she said, prompting him to speak.

"Can I have more licorice?"

[ June 12, 2003: Message edited by: Earendil Halfelven ]