View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 08:27 PM   #197
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Énien had been quieter than usual on this trip. She hated herself that she was not much comfort to her old friend Calimir, who was feeling the call of the Haevens. He was so nervous on this ship, and it was apparent to everyone.

It would be more difficult for him, he had his family to worry about, unlike Énien who had always been a free spirit, roaming the lands between foriegn elven realms, without anyone to worry for her. In some ways, she was very much alone. For hours she had sat in the common rooms of the ship and thought of the right things to say. But it was useless.

Rave however, was always up on the deck of the ship. She loved the sea, and the way the ship moved over the water. She had had many conversations with the men aboard and Ani Dao. She went below deck to find Énien sitting on one of the tables, one leg crossed over the other and eyes closed. "Youre not alseep are you?" she asked the elf.

"I have not been asleep properly for two hundred years my friend." she said eyes still closed. Rave sighed. "Come look at this, you should see the colour of the clouds! its fantastic, looks like a storm is coming!" she said excited.

The elf opened her eyes, as if she had been stung. A storm Énien jumped from the table and rushed to one of the port holes and took a look out the window. The clouds were almost black, over the sea. And the waves were getting bigger. She knew something would go wrong, ever since the beginning, and this may be the time for it to happen. Énien was now very nervous.

Rave dragged her above deck where it was raining. "Isnt it wonderful elf!" Rave called hanging onto the side of the ship as it began to toss. "Something doesnt feel right" Énien yelled over the roar of the ocean, and she too held onto the side of the ship, both of them now drenched.

~My lord, Éomer~