View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #122
cellurdur
Shade of Carn Dûm

cellurdur has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbenprincess View Post
How do you know that, Tolkien didnīt write what they are equal in, just that they are equal with differnet talents. But in all other aspects, intelligence, innate power for example they are equal.She is not only refered as great among the Noldor but greatest of all the elves of Valinor with Feanor.
We know this, because Tolkien called Feanor the mightiest of the Noldor. Galadriel on the other hand is never called the mightiest of the Noldor.
Quote:
Saruman was not the wisest, Olorin was /is.
This is my fault, I accidentally put the comma in the wrong place. I meant Gandalf the wisest of the Maiar accepted Saruman as the head.
Quote:
I remember reading somewhere that Tolkien didnīt want there to be a in-between race, thatīs the reason they had to decide, there can only be elves and men (if we leave out hobbits and dwarfs). Alas I canīt remember where.
I don't remember reading anything of the sort and the Half-Elven are their ow separate race, at least until the elvish blood thinned to a great extent. Earendil especially just gets the best qualities from both races.
Quote:
Can you prove it? And only because Galadriel went early out of Beleriand doesnīt mean that she knows nothing about her own history or that of men.
The previous quote about Cirdan's knowledge of the future surpassing even Elrond in Middle Earth is enough to show he had greater knowledge of the future.

As for Lore he is said to be

Wise in all Lore

about the lay of Luthien.

and there are none now , except Elrond, that remember it aright as it was told of old.

where Elrond the Halfelven dwelt greatest of lore masters

Is there anything to suggest Galadriel was greater than Elrond?
cellurdur is offline   Reply With Quote