Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 09:27 AM   #8969
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Aha! For #4, would you moan in NAMO's Halls?

For #8, I'm very pleased that Little Women only has four names on the cover... I'm not sure ELBERETH would be too keen on being associated with 'BETH LEER', but there we are. ^_~

As for 'Book Eight'... obviously the best Book Eight, and Book Seven for that matter, would be just the Epilogue write large, with Sam telling endless stories to his kids, and the kids being appallingly charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Epilogue
Elanor stood up, and passed her hand lightly through Sam's curling brown hair, already flecked with grey. "Good night, Sam-dad. But."

"I don't want good night but," said Sam.

"But won't you show it me first? I was going to say."

"Show you what, dear?"

"The King's letter, of course. You have had it now more than a week."

Sam sat up. "Good gracious!" he said. "How stories do repeat themselves! And you get paid back in your own coin and all. How we spied on poor Mr. Frodo! And now our own spy on us, meaning no more harm than we did, I hope."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Epilogue
The stars were shining in a clear dark sky. It was the second day of the bright and cloudless spell that came every year to the Shire towards the end of March, and was every year welcomed and praised as something surprising for the season. All the children were now in bed. It was late, but here and there lights were still glimmering in Hobbiton, and in houses dotted about the night-folded countryside.

Master Samwise stood at the door and looked away eastward. He drew Mistress Rose to him, and set his arm about her.

"March the twenty-fifth!" he said. "This day seventeen years ago, Rose wife. I didn't think I should ever see thee again. But I kept on hoping."

"I never hoped at all, Sam," she said, "not until that very day; and then suddenly I did. About noon, it was, and I felt so glad that I began singing. And mother said: 'Quiet, lass! There's ruffians about.' And I said: 'Let them come! Their time will soon be over. Sam's coming back.' And you came."

"I did," said Sam. "To the most belovedest place in all the world. To my Rose and my garden."

They went in, and Sam shut the door. But even as he did so, he heard suddenly, deep and unstilled, the sigh and murmur of the Sea upon the shores of Middle-earth.
hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote