View Single Post
Old 05-23-2002, 11:41 PM   #202
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

I understand about the "20 question time!" thing. My parents are annoyed, too, though they're not a doctor or a lawyer. My aunt, however, is a physical therapist, so there's ups in that area. But yeah, in one my story, a character falls off a roof and breaks a few ribs. I have NO idea what kind of problems that would give someone, so I turned to my parents. Of course, they're so suspicious it always ends up with "Why? Are you planning on breaking someone's ribs?" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Ai-yai-yai.

Saxony Tarn, you found them? Uh...*shifty eyes* Please, uhm, ignore the two BSB fics, as I was in a very Mary-Sue-ish stage at that time...heh...*hides* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, and hey! We did reach six pages! Go us! *proceeds to run around the thread, giving everyone a high-five* "Ahem" I am sane, really!"

But back to the research thing. I agree with what you said Naaramare, about staying consistent in your own world. I know Tolkien did. I mean the athelas plant, it always had the same characteristics. Always. It had a sweet odor, that filled the room, and healing powers. King's Foil, to Sam, a common weed. No where did we see Tolkien magically insert that the flower had love-potion powers as well. He was consistent. The same goes with the history of Middle-Earth. He has a TIMELINE in the Appendixes for crying out loud! And family trees! An index of all the names mentioned in the books. How TIME-CONSUMING that must have been! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Kinda...intimidates you, eh? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]