View Single Post
Old 06-03-2002, 05:28 PM   #214
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Location: A roaming Middle-Earth wanderer in the guise of a Ranger
Laiedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laiedheliel
Sting

*Laie takes a deep breath and again steps up to the plate* You know, S.T., you have a knack for this!

Male characters, my favorite ones to write. There is another character in the same story, actually opposite (sp?) the shield-maiden mentioned above, who is very set in his ways and not afraid to speak up about others'. While the shield-maiden combats them with wit and intelligence, he just says what's on his mind, though he's smart, without thinking of the consequnces. His view of masculinity (sp?) is very similar to the Norse men of old (my inspiration for his race, actually), and often runs into 'pointless' disputes with other soldiers about honor and chivalry. This character is also where most of my humor comes from, because he is very blunt and uninhibited. At the same time, he manages to be compassionate (or as compassionate as 'hillbred barbarians' get) and retain some traces of feminine traits. I think most of my characters end up like littleman's - both feminine and masculine in nature, though most lean to one side or the other (obviously). [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Now I had better stop before my mom catches me on the computer, again...O yeah, I almost forgot - satisfied with this one, S.T.? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]