View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 09:39 PM   #565
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
"The Lady Innkeeper has done enough paying of rounds for this evening, I warrant," spoke up Ruthven, "but as I've a great hankering after your yarns and tellings, I'll offer you a proposition, Eodwine."

The twins chortled, having only one kind of proposition on their mind, and one not likely to include the likes of an old rag lady like Ruthven. Brokhelm and Linnéa were rather offended by this blantant display of crude humour, but obviously they were too well bred to remark upon it or make it grounds for further ill mannered winks and guffaws. Gudryn blushed and Saeryn seemed to redden too, although possibly with more glee than downright modesty--not that she was immodest at all, just more saucy than Eodwine's new daughter.

The man at the centre of the commotion rose and bowed to Ruthven. "My compliments, good dame, and I shall endeavour to take up your challenge and satisfy your hankerings."

Ruthven grinned at the small bit of havoc she had created and winked at the Innkeeper.

"I think," intoned Bethberry, "we've had quite enough of all our pulling of legs and long jokes and tittering innuendo..."

"Tittering what?" cried Garreth, only to be snogged on the head by Harreld.

It was obviously going to be a long night.