View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #1194
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, I had a rather silly dream last weekend. It seems like poor Legate has stuck on having the role of a jerk in my dreams... Anyway, this is quite funny:

Legate sent Agan and me a collection of Finnish folk tales. We thought it was very sweet of him, he had also written a very nice dedication to the first page. We started leafing through the book. It was full of Legate's own notes written to the mariginals with a ballpoint pen. About half of them were intelligent comments on the stories, their intertextuality and structure etc. But half of them were very idiotic jokes and insulting comments of this and that.
"Are you sure Legate has really written these things?" I asked Agan.
"Well, it's all in the same handwriting, so he must have," she replied.
"I can't believe he's really like that!"
"It seems quite surprising, yes, but it seems he is."
We were about to close the book, when we saw what Legate had written on the last page: "Wow! I just realised that the words 'alegre' and 'allegory'* resemble each other a lot. This proves that God exists and that He loves us! Hallelujah!"

*apparently, "allegory" was a religious term in the dream

My apologies, I really don't understand how my subconscious works...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote