View Single Post
Old 01-04-2003, 05:48 AM   #73
Finiel
Haunting Spirit

Finiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

1. This one’s from The Hobbit after the Trolls were turned to stone.
Thorin: Where did you go to, if I may ask?
Gandalf: To look ahead.
Thorin: And what brought you back in the nick of time?
Gandalf: Looking behind.
Thorin: Exactly!

(I love Gandalf’s one-liners)

2. “Would this be any good?” Bilbo asked ,holding a large key, when the dwarves got tired and angry from pushing the cave door of the trolls and Gandalf had tried (in vain) so many incantations.
“Why on earth didn’t you mention it before?!” they cried.

3. Legolas:“A plague on Dwarves and their stiff necks!”
Legolas said when Gimli drew his axe from his belt in protest of being blindfolded in entering Lorien in FOTR.
Aragorn: Come! If I am still to lead this Company, you must do as I bid. It is hard upon the Dwarf to be thus singled out. We will all be blindfolded, even Legolas.
Legolas: I am an Elf and a kinsman here!
Aragorn: Now let us cry: ‘a plague on the stiff necks of Elves!

4. Legolas: If Gandalf would go before us with a bright flame, he might melt path for you.
Gandalf: If Elves could fly over mountains, they might fetch the Sun to save us.

4. Legolas:
“The strongest must seek a way, say you? But I say: let a ploughman plough, but choose an otter for swimming, and for running light over grass and leaf, or over snow-- an Elf.”

I don’t know about you guys but they made me laugh. heehee
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet the light of a bright world dies when day is done. The mind has a thousand eyes, And the heart but one; Yet the light of a whole life dies when love is done."-- F.W. Bourdillon
Finiel is offline   Reply With Quote