View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, I always hated history in school because the history books were so blamed boring. I love history in itself...but when the history books about history are boring...

The Sil., when I first picked it up, was difficult for me because it was in that historical form type writing at first. It's not like a regular novel or book of fiction. However, when I finally picked it up and read all of it, even though it took me a long time to read, I found that it was and incredible book.

It's not like the LotR or the Hobbit, that you can just sit and read it for hours and hours at a time. It takes more thought and there's a much bigger load in it than just a tale of a few characters being told. It's the whole world's story that's being told. The characters come and go...you grow attached to one man and in ten pages, he's gone.

History is not boring. It's just...you can't read it the same as a piece of regular fiction.

-- Folwren