View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 11:31 PM   #24
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I don't think the film could have taken these as "wrap up scenes", and I doubt that they will be in the EE either (the Scouring of the Shire will definately not be, as it was never filmed). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No, it certainly could not have. Speaking from the most unbiased vantage point possible for a long-time Tolkien fan like myself, I would say that the ending was already far too long for the average moviegoer and that, though it would certainly have drawn the fiery wrath of Tolkien purists, the movie would probably have best been ended at Mount Doom with the coming of the Eagles. The ending felt somewhat rushed and tacked on, a series of short, somewhat anachronistic clips after an epic, as it were, and I suppose they did add a "rushed" feel to the whole ending of the affair (although there was nothing rushed about the arduously long Grey Havens scene). I expect to see plenty of harsh criticism of this post soon enough, but I shall take them with a grain of salt. 'Tis but my own humble opinion.<P>Cheers,<BR>Angmar