View Single Post
Old 06-02-2004, 11:31 PM   #112
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Oh, do I ever have that problem. I write... and most people think it's good... everyone but me, that is. What I'd like to do is actually find someone else who writes, and is about as good as I am, and then we could send each other's stories back and forth, and actually give advice, and correct, and all that. I am one of my worst cridics (sp?).

Back to names for a moment though, I know what you all mean... tha characters can usually find their own names. One of my characters was origanally called Tiffany, after a friend of mine, and she was meant to be the 'girl' of the group. But, as her character went on, she proved herself unworthy of the name, and so I gave her a new name, an 'elvish' name that suited her better... and so the character just found her new name. My first experience with this 'finding' of names was with a halfy character. He had a name in my first scribbled drafts by hand... he was meant to be evil, and all... I called him Yanindil, or something else like that... but, when I started writing the story on my computer, suddenly the character changed, and he had a new name. It was odd. Names just come to me, and come to the character... like Arawyn Telessa... I made that up on the spot, and yet, I already know what her character will be like. She's a human, one of a seafaring race, and her people are slowly dying out... as the lands are growing, and the seas were she was born are receeding. She is not royal, but has some bloodline leading her to the throne, so, if the persent royals were to die, she would have to take leadership. But she is not that type... she is a free spirit. And that just comes from the sound of her name. (PS: This character just came to me, I won't be using her anywhere, anyhow... anyone can borrow her)

Yeah, that's that. I hope I made some sense... I know I didn't make dollars... sigh.

-Eowyn Skywalker
Eowyn Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote