View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 04:33 AM   #10
gondowe
Wight

gondowe has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findegil View Post
- The speech of Thorondor: Where did you include what? The report of Húrin searching entrance into the city does of course fall into Tuors time there. But did you actually insert the report of Thorondor in direct spech?
According with the annals and Tale of years, I think the best or one of the best places is just before the paragraph that starts:
“Now came days when Tuor had dwelt among the Gondolindrim many years. ….” .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findegil View Post
- Again the battel: When Tuor withdraws to the King's Square the place is already beset with foes from North West and East. Fittingly Tuor withdraws to the south. In the original version his house and the entrace of the secret tunnel was in that direction. Does that mean in your version Tuor made an implicit turn and to the north?
As for the question of the battle I was revising the section you say and I can be in a mistake but I think it can be changed simply south for north without lose sense. For example, there’s a passage telling that the enemy attacked from left and rear, -east and north- , and I changed that it was from west and south. And things like these. I was reading it and it seems me coherent.
The names of the streets can be the same because there’s no description previously.
By the way, I omitted Gar Ainion, simply Place of the Ainur, Fountains of South there are Fountains of North, etc.

Greetings
gondowe is offline   Reply With Quote