View Single Post
Old 08-01-2002, 08:18 PM   #24
Lostgaeriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lostgaeriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Sorry for that horribly long delay, merlilot.
You are correct of course. (Note: there are actually 2 times that Sam says something similar to Frodo. But one instance is enough to win this game, this time.)

For the novices & newcomers out there who might want to know, here are the exact quotes you were referring to.

The minstrel to all, The Field of Cormallen
Quote:
Lo! lords and knights and men of valour unashamed, kings and princes, and fair people of Gondor, and Riders of Rohan, and ye sons of Elrond, and Dúnedain of the North, and Elf and Dwarf, and greathearts of the Shire, and all free folk of the West, now listen to my lay. for I will sing to you of Frodo of the Nine Fingers and the Ring of Doom.
Sam to Frodo, The Stairs of Cirith Ungol
Quote:
And people will say: "Let’s hear about Frodo and the Ring!" And they'll say: "Yes, that's one of my favourite stories. Frodo was very brave, wasn't he, dad?"
And here is the extra one you missed. Also Sam to Frodo, but at the foot of Mount Doom waiting for the end of all things, The Field of Cormallen
Quote:
'What a tale we have been in, Mr. Frodo, haven't we?' he said. 'I wish I could hear it told! Do you think they'll say: Now comes the story of Nine-fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom?
Your turn to ask one!!! (That means you have to find 2(+) similar quotes. Hah!) [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: Lostgaeriel ]

[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: Lostgaeriel ]