View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #19
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Tricksy rules

If it is always the first one on the list of the hunter who dies if he is lynched on a day, then the lists are useless in daylight. For this reason I still think I will keep it this way and increase the hunter's power such.

I always thought that the main reason for the logical hunter was to make the role more realistic, so that he can only take somebody with him who is present when he is killed. If the ranger protects the hunter during a wolf attack, the ranger is present, so it would be logical that he, too, could be killed. The hunter is a mightier warrior than the ranger and is known to have a light sleep.

Rule adjustments (blessed be he who invented the admin threads!):

To not give the innocents too many advantages, ranger and hunter may not communicate. They will, however, know each other's identity, and they won't be allowed to pick each other, so the discussed situation can no longer occur. Though the ranger may have good reasons to keep the hunter alive, it's not really the hunter's fate anyway.

I'll change the hunter list size to the number of wolves alive (like Mith suggested). It's simpler and also makes more sense.

I think I will break with a rule and tell a person who has been successfully protected what has happened. He would only know that he has been saved, not by whom or from whom. Let's see how this works out.

To give the wolves a little tidbit, at the end of each day, the cobbler will give me a list of the people who he thinks to be wolves at the moment. This list I will give to the wolves. Not sure what they will be able to make with this information, but it might be of interest to them.

PS: Don't fear to be confused. I'll post the final rules at the beginning of the game thread. These are just technicalities anyway. I would still consider this a fairly basic game.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote