View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 04:58 PM   #224
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Child of the 7th Age:

... (and please take note, piosenniel, because I'm going to use Kenelm's most recent song as an example to outline how much you can hear of Kenelm's speech and song.)

Regarding your question, can the living see and talk freely with the dead ... excellent question.

The extent to which a living character can see and talk freely with the dead depends on the individual character. For example, Elves will be more perceptive / receptive than Men and Hobbits. Normally, Men and Hobbits will fare very poorly in trying to communicate with the ghosts.

I'm planning on combining dice rolling with the more flexible guideline of "what would make for a good, still believable, story?"

Therefore, I've been making allowance for Holly to hear * SOME * of Kenelm's words, but not all, as follows. Based on the circumstances ( ... ESPECIALLY Kenelm playing the harp !! ... ) I rolled dice, with the result that Holly can hear roughly 25% of Kenelm's words. Holly could at first only see Kenelm's harp, but can now faintly see him, somewhat, through the light of the moon.

In Kenelm's latest song, here are the lines that Holly can hear:

Quote:
'Tall and green ...
Leaves full and fair, ...
their voices ring, ...
The glittering of light ...
cold autumn's glow. ...
Cold skies turn dark, ...
no more is the spring mirth. ...
[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]