View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 02:03 PM   #203
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron
#78: Lommy approves of the fake-vote discussion for getting things rolling, and pins the credit on Legate - but also immediately rejects it as 'an insane idea' and wonders aloud why Legate would do it. These are within the very same sentence, which I guess is that "trademark flipflopping" at work (that phrase comes up in this same post).
Heyyyy guess what I'm gonna stop calling it flipflopping now and start calling it looking at both sides of issues. For instance:

Legate starts talking about Gal55's "fake vote" plan seriously*
Pros: gets the ball rolling, starts the actual debate toDay (as opposed to mere banter) - and for this it really doesn't matter WHAT the discussion is about
Cons: as it's a somewhat unrealistic suggestion and not a plan that would really work out and merit a closer look, it's not something we should be stuck debating

* I always read Gal's original suggestion (that was a no-lynch plan unlike Legate's) as tongue in cheek, and I was under the impression Gal confirmed this?

Okay hopefully that's the very last thing from me both about the nature of flip-flopping and on how the fake vote discussion started rolling, because it's high time to move on.

~*~

That being said, I also wanted to move on from G55 BUT how can you when she's stirring up new drama right in front of our eyes? The whole spat with Rikae seems a little off to me. Reminds me of what Greenie said about wolves being consistent with their suspicion instead of changing their opinion upon new developments - anyone who's too certain about anything on Day1 makes me raise eyebrows.

~*~

Lottie's few last posts seem very level-headed to me, so I feel a bit better about her.

Boro's defence of his playing style toDay? Fair enough, I think, but he's still on my suspicion list.

I might have a quick look at Rune and Kitanna's posts to try pinpoint why I feel vaguely suspicious of them. I mean with Kitanna it might be classic playing style clash (which I have with Lottie too and to an extent Brinn - I wanted to say her very benevolent reaction to suspicion towards her rubbed me the wrong way but I think she might be like that as innocent too; and now that I'm on the topic maybe Huinesoron would belong to this category too?) but I'm more curious why I got evil vibes from Rune because he's not someone I always suspect on Day1s.

edit: xed with Nog and onwards
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote