View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 12:59 AM   #100
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shield Catching Up

I'm certainly still interested.

Some miscellaneous comments:

1. The Breaking of the Fellowship is lovely, but I sometimes feel slightly too remniscent of Titanic. Sort of standard cinematic emotional tune number 16. But I only get that feeling when I'm struck with cynicism...

2. I'm not that fond of "In Dreams", but the choir is omitting the s on purpose, so the soloist alone sings it. This is a means of making sure the s will be synchronised, and will start and finish at the right time. My objection is that there's something a bit blocked up about the soloist's voice, as if he has a slight cold...

3. I love "May It Be". In fact, I find myself singing it under my breath in unguarded moments...

4. The Two Towers, for me, is a motivational CD. I play it when I'm stirring myself to write. The Foundations of Stone are a nice menacing introduction, though they don't quite match either The Prophecy or A Storm is Coming.

5. I never really rate the Taming of Smeagol, or the later Passage of the Marshes. Unlike some of the Rohan tracks, they rely strongly on knowing and seeing what's going on, and aren't much good at conjuring images in their own right.

6. I cannot wait to rhapsodise on how much I love the Rohan theme!