View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 03:36 AM   #50
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12_30 View Post
Or it could be, that those of us who found in them plenty to enjoy and much to ponder, are so shut down by the quantity of negativity in these discussions, that we know we will be outshouted and exhausted by folk who cannot believe we actually found anything worthwhile whatsoever. Fortunately, I have a son who also enjoys them. So I will pull my hood up to shadow my face, retreat into the shadows, sigh a bit as I wish for the old open-minded and varied discussions that has some vitriol but also some pleasant good-cheer, and settle for watching the videos with my son.
Not very positive or open minded to accuse the people who dislike the films of being both insincere in their beliefs and gratuitously unpleasant and judging them as bullies for how you expect them to treat opinions which haven't actually been aired.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote