Thread: Blind Guardian
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 11:44 AM   #3
Narya
Wight

Narya has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Hi, I really like this group, Blind Guardian.
I like their music and Iīve discovered them just a few weeks ago.
The first of their CDs I have buyed was Nightfall in Middle Earth. I first heard "Curse of Feanor" on the internet and because I was allways fascinated by Feanor and his story and because I like it very much, when people write/sing songs about thing I admire, I liked the song very much. The song discribes the same feeling I have about this stories. I loved the other songs on the album as well.
But I am not sure if Tolkien would be spinning in his grave or not.
I tend to think the songs are just a tribute to Tolkien and a good interpreatation of the Silmarillion; I donīt think they are a masterpiece of a new Silmarillion put into music, but they are a nice and well- done fan- tribute.
Compared with the LoTR- movie as another interpreatation of Tolkienīs work, Nightfall is very good, because the way of putting the stories into music is concentrated on the feelings and the thoughts behind the stories and not on plain action.
(I donīt want to critize the film; maybe you canīt even compare the movie with this album, but I think the album also has a -letīs say- high quality...)

[ March 11, 2003: Message edited by: Narya ]