View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 05:53 AM   #24
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drigel View Post
SPM your post sums up a lot of my teenage years (minus the clinking of bottles and the sound of flicking lighters ) !! well done.

It was so basic when we were playing. A few figurines, some dominoes for the floor plan, the books, and some dice. Nothing but imagination for the graphical user interface.
THAT was D&D back in the day (for me 1983-84). The clinking of bottles and flicking of lighters were a big part of it. The second edition left a lot open for the gamemaster to interpret. I have no clue what they did with it afterward. I did take notice the Green Ronin release of a Black Company D&D module.
Sad was the news of the passing of another one of the founders.

Funny, but after my divorce, a bunch of my stuff found its way to my dad's attic, and in my attempts to clear out my stuff recently, I found the old D&D game, figurines and all. The game ended uncerimoniously when people just quit making it to our weekend game night. Looking at the maps and such, our party is still camped out in a grove of pines, waiting (24 years) for the next day (which will likely never come) to journey into the forest. It was a good game with much time and effort invested every weekend for a year, and some weeknight shorts to boot. Funny how it goes.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote