View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 08:18 PM   #57
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

How do you decide to write fantasy? I don't think you really decide it just kind of comes to you and you go with it. Atleast that's how it worked for me. I love to write fantasy because you don't have to stick to facts like historical fiction, you can make up the facts as you go. Not to mention it's kind of a release from boring every day life.

I'm in the middle of writing a series, but not to get it published, but just because it's fun to write. I had always been writing some form of fantasy, but not until I read LOTR did it take on a greater purpose (good vs.evil, stuff like that). So my writing has a lot of parells to LOTR. But hey I figure I'm not hurting anyone because I'm not publishing it.

I figure you can't really write a fantasy nowadays without having something Tolkien in it. Not always the case, but when you think about it most fantasy books can and are compared to his.